Cocktail RecipesSatsuma Cocktails
1 Satsuma orange, peeled and sectioned
1/2 cup dry gin
1/2 cup fresh Satsuma orange juice (about 2 Satsuma’s)
1 tablespoon Grand Marnier (orange-flavored liqueur)
Satsuma orange rind (optional)
• Rinse Satsuma sections in cold water.
• Drain; freeze 30 minutes or until firm.
• Place crushed ice in a martini shaker.
• Add gin, juice, and Grand Marnier to shaker; shake well.
• Strain 1/2 cup gin mixture into each of 2 martini glasses.
• Add 4 frozen Satsuma sections to each glass.
• Garnish with rind, if desired.
2 limes, halved
4 Satsumas, halved
4 sprigs mint, plus extra for garnish
1 cup 10 Cane rum
¼ cup simple syrup
• In a large shaker, muddle 1 lime and 2 Satsumas with 2 sprigs mint.
• Add ½ cup rum, 2 tablespoons simple syrup and crushed ice.
• Strain into 2 small Collins glasses filled with crushed ice and top with club soda.
• Garnish each with a sprig of mint.
1 cup fresh cranberries
1 cup vodka
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup Grand Marnier
1/4 cup lime juice
• Combine cranberries, vodka, sugar, and Satsumas in a food processor; process until pureed.
• Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
• Strain mixture through a cheesecloth-lined sieve over a bowl, pressing to extract juice.
• Discard solids.
• Stir in Grand Marnier and lime juice.
• Place 1 cup Satsuma mixture in a martini shaker with 1/2 cup crushed ice; shake.
• Strain mixture into 2 martini glasses.
• Repeat procedure to yield 10 cocktails.
6 ounces Ocean Spray® Cranberry Juice Cocktail
1 ounce orange juice
Orange wedge, garnish
Pour cranberry juice cocktail and orange juice into a glass with ice.
Top with club soda.
Garnish with orange wedge.
Makes 1 serving.
1 part Absolut Citron
1 part Absolut Mandrin
2 parts Strawberry infused simple syrup
Splash of Sprite
Splash of our mix
- Shake Absolut Citron, Absolut Mandrin, simple syrup and sour in shaker with ice. Strain over ice in a rocks glass, add a splash of Sprite on top.
Created at: Denim Lounge
1712 Walnut St
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Recipe courtesy Absolut Vodka
2 cups water
2 cups white sugar
1/2 cup roughly chopped fresh mint leaves
32 fluid ounces Kentucky bourbon
8 sprigs fresh mint leaves for garnish
- Combine water, sugar and chopped mint leaves in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat until the sugar is completely dissolved. Allow syrup to cool, approximately 1 hour. Pour syrup through a strainer to remove mint leaves
- Fill eight cups or frozen goblets with crushed ice and pour 4 ounces of bourbon and 1/4 cup mint syrup in each. (Proportions can be adjusted depending on each person's sweet tooth). Top each cup with a mint sprig and a straw. Trim straws to just barely protrude from the top of the cups.
Amaretto Stone Sour
1 jigger Amaretto
2 jiggers orange juice
1 jigger vodka
2 jiggers Sweet and Sour
• Mix all ingredients and serve in a tall glass over ice.
2 ¼ C. pineapple juice
1 ½ C. ginger ale
¾ C. bourbon
Sprite or 7-Up
• Combine juice, ginger ale and bourbon
• Stir well and freeze until firm
• Break frozen mixture into chunks
• Scoop into tall glasses, filling 1/3 to ½ full.
• Add soda, stir until slushy
• Makes 4 ½ C.
Vodka Rosemary Lemonade Fizz
1 cup fresh lemon juice
1 cup sugar
2 – 8” sprigs of rosemary
½ cup vodka
Chilled club soda or other seltzer
Garnish – (8) 3” rosemary sprigs
• Bring lemon juice, sugar and rosemary to a boil in a small saucepan, stirring until sugar is dissolved
• Reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes
• Cool completely, about 1 hour
• Discard rosemary sprigs
• Fill (8) 8-oz. glasses half-way with ice, divide syrup among glasses
• Add vodka (about 1 tablespoon each)
• Top with club soda
• Garnish with rosemary sprigs
Bloody Mary (makes one drink)
2 ounces Vodka
1 cup tomato juice
½ cup Clamato juice
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
¼ teaspoon Tabasco® sauce
1 teaspoon grated horseradish
Pinch of celery salt
Ground black pepper to taste
Juice of one lemon wedge
Celery or pickled green bean or okra for garnish
• Fill a 16-ounce glass with ice cubes and add all the ingredients except the garnish
• Stir well
• Garnish with veggie of your choice
Bourbon Cherry Lemonade (makes one drink)
1 ½ ounces bourbon
1 ounce sweet cherry juice
Lemonade as needed
Garnish with bourbon-soaked cherry (optional)
• Fill a glass with crushed ice
• Combine the bourbon, cherry juice and crushed ice in a shaker
• Shake and strain into glass
• Top with fresh lemonade and cherry garnish
2/3 C lemon juice
1/3 C. orange juice
¼ C. sugar
1 bottle dry red wine
• Strain juices
• Add sugar, stirring until dissolved
• Mix juice mixture and wine
• Serve over ice
• Garnish with twists of lemon peel
1.25 oz. Dry Gin
1 oz. lime juice
1 twist of lime
- In a shaker half filled with ice, add gin and lime juice
- Stir well and strain into a cocktail glass
- Garnish with lime twish
The Maker's Mark® Manhattan
1.5 parts Maker's Mark® Bourbon
.5 parts sweet vermouth (we recommend you try Carpano®)
1 teaspoon of maraschino cherry juice
- Fill Maker's Mark cocktail shaker with ice; add 1.5 parts Maker's Mark, .5 parts sweet vermouth, and maraschino cherry juice.
- Shake for 30 seconds.
- Strain into chilled Manhattan glass.
- Garnish with a maraschino cherry.
The Maker's Mark® Old Fashioned
1.5 parts Maker's Mark® Bourbon
2 orange slices
2 maraschino cherries
.5 part club soda
1 teaspoon sugar
- Muddle orange slice, maraschino cherry and teaspoon of sugar in an Old Fashioned glass.
- Fill glass with ice.
- Add 1.5 parts Maker's Mark and a splash of club soda.
- Garnish with additional orange slice and maraschino cherry.
Grey Goose® Classic Martini
3 parts Grey Goose® Vodka
1/4 part Dry Vermouth
2 dashes orange bitters
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, add vermouth, stir well and then strain out excess.
- Add 2 dashes of orange bitters and GREY GOOSE® Vodka. Stir well until the outside of the shaker is frosted and beaded with sweat. Strain into martini glass and garnish with 3 olives.
Feel free to experiment with garnishes. Mix olives and lemon twists or use a fresh bay leaf instead. These additions will give subtle yet unique changes to the cocktail.
*Last updated 2/13/11